1.01.2010

256--New Year


Phone call with a couple friends from 8am to 9, then breakfast and dog run. From 10 to 1:37 recorded 13 songs (guitar and vocal) at Isaac's studio, so he can have them to work in preparation for our February concert collaboration.

This afternoon 2-4pm tea with my new Pastor, Richard Wenger, getting to know him a bit better, filling him in on my story.

Then dinner with Caleb, and more conversations about what it means to worship. What's working in the worship life of this community? What could be improved?

I'm reminded of a question the church board tasked us with at Hollywood SDA: How can we be a people among whom God dwells, a people who celebrate worship in ways that both deepen our relationship with God and gives witness to our community?

Richard was telling me about the mission statement of Open Door (so much has happened while I was in LA) and it is "To build family and affect the culture of the West Valley." I'm paraphrasing, because I don't remember it verbatim, but that's what I took away from the conversation. That's a mission I can engage.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment