1.31.2010

226--So Little Time


Spent the day in Newport yesterday. Oregon Coast is so beautiful!












Last night I was a bouncer! Hahahaha....No, really! Katie is one of the owners of the Wildwood Hotel and Bar in Willamina, and last night they had live music. White Buffalo and Joe Firstman touring together, a couple of guitar song-men, brought the community out last night in this charming little town. There were over a hundred folks there to see them, and in my opinion, they particularly rocked.


So Katie thought I might be a good person to greet guests at the door and check their ID's and collect the $5 cover charge. I had an absolute blast. I also had a rather imposing sidekick.

General's not a small guy, or even medium. Big dude, all muscle. We sat on barstools on either side of the entrance and basically got to meet some of the coolest people anywhere. I don't have many muscles to speak of, so I was joking with him that he's the bruiser and I'm the schmoozer.



Today Chris brought a powerful sermon on the art of confrontation, and he did a most artful job challenging us to confront lovingly for the benefit of the relationship.

This evening I recorded my January cover tune assignment as chosen by Sandy. The song is You Got It Bad, originally done by Usher.

Brian and Brianne, you're up.

So many thoughts I'd love to share, but it's time to call it and get ready for the workweek. Fortunately I did jot down some of it in my journal, so if there's time soon, I'll try and toss some of that in.

Speaking of time, use it as well as you possibly can. It dissipates so very quickly, and you can come to the end of a day and not have that much to show for it. Today I feel great about having completed my assignment before midnight on the 31st. Next month I'd like to be done earlier in the month so that I have a little time to sit with it and not feel rushed at the end of the process.




Have a fabulous week, everyone. If our God is for us, then who would even dare...?

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment