1.26.2010

231--Band


General arrives in Salem tomorrow. I just met this guy a year ago. Feels like I've known him much longer, and that's a good thing.

Harry, thanks for checking in. I always know Harry's gonna call me up just to make sure all is well. I've been hanging with my fellas lately and although I haven't seen Harry's face in months, I just appreciate the thoughtfulness of a quick "hey, you crossed my mind..." Truthfully, guys aren't especially good at this with each other, but I'm finding a core group who are proactive about connecting despite time and distance.

Planning to hit the coast with Matt this Sunday. Get some Oceanity going on, some beachness. Although, I should warn you, island-boy don't like that cold water. The ocean's always so beautiful to look at, but I am not about being frozen or drowned, so we'll be admiring from the shore, thank you very much. Maybe catch a couple good photos.

Got carded again at the In My Opinion show on Sunday night. This coming Saturday night, I'm the one checking ID's at my friend's bar, where a band called White Buffalo is playing. Looking forward to that. My mom said to me a couple weeks back, "you really like variety in your life, don't you?"

Yeah, I really do.

Today, while I was learning how to 'Concatenate' in Excel (let me just tell you, you will love this function), a thousand miles away Davids Cowan and Williams were mixing one of the next tunes that's coming up for release. I love that! I'm busy at my job and they're working on the music and I'm nowhere near. How cool! It takes a village, and I have been blessed with an amazing village. I spent a couple hours this evening with the worship community working on a song..."Hallelujah, Hallelujah, you make all things new, all things new..."

Haven't read a chapter podcast in a while. I'm getting off here now and go start on that. That's what I should be doing right now--I'll post it tomorrow after work.

peace to those who mourn

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender


No comments:

Post a Comment