1.04.2010

253---ran out of pavement


I went tonight to a place where there are no streetlights--at all. Back country roads. Gravel roads that tunnel through the trees, and worm their way into the heart of deep stillness. Tonight I played Mike's Special Edition Martin, and learned songs from CCR, The Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Miranda Lambert, the Eagles.

Played the Whiskey Lullaby, and what a beautiful sad song that is. I mean, it felt good to be sad about somethings so poetic.

Met Mike's horse, Sunny. I've never ridden a horse, which Mike says we're gonna change. Seems alright with me.

There were four of us: Mike alternating on bass and electric guitar, Val on acoustic guitar and mandolin, Kathy hosting and song-selecting, and me on a borrowed Martin.

There was a point there on the way back I could see maybe 60 feet ahead into the fog, which is why I was going only 40 miles per hour on a dark and curvy country road..."you gotta die of somethin'..."

I'll be back for more.















Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

1 comment:

  1. Getting caught up on your writing. Provocative, genuine, and real.

    ReplyDelete