1.25.2010

232--Systems


Shawna taught me how we process the exception reports this morning. Then Melissa taught me how to place orders in the system and how to build a new order by copying an existing order. Am I looking for the word 'mundane' or 'tedious?'

No, actually, I'm looking for the words 'blessed' or 'providential.' This is that time in my life where I'm building structures and rhythms, establishing parameters and protocols. This is the year for systems to come into play and as Love would have it, that very part of me is being developed at my job.

I'm going to need systems to keep up. Systems are to business what leverage is to lifting heavy things. And we are trying to get something large off the ground here, so all the leverage we can create will be most welcome.

More and more often, I hear myself saying "I have a system for that." Even better, I hear myself say "WE have a system for that." The power of WE is unstoppable.

Don't take it personally if I haven't been in touch on the phone like you're used to. I can't accomplish what's ahead if I spare 30 minutes here or an hour there for phone conversations. This blog, even if you don't like the idea, is a system for updating lots of people with a single communication. More than one of you have said to me, "if it wasn't for your blog, I wouldn't know what's going on with you."

Exactly!

I'm gonna go work on that Usher song Sandy assigned me.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment