1.05.2010

252--Roxy or not?

10-hour work day. Angela's teaching me how to run the Fedex software. We ship wine to fill online orders. It's a fun job, keeps me moving and challenged, but also allows me to walk away and leave the job at work so I can focus on the goals ahead of me this year.

Had a couple phone conversations with Al Beauman today about playing at the Roxy in Hollywood. Sure sounds exciting. Now that I live here, it's a bit more of a commute, so I was just thinking, what do you guys think I should do? Should I fly down and play this gig? I think it would be fun, at least!

Is that the sort of thing you might support? I think we'll do a test run with the Laguna Niguel concert, since that's a venue I don't have to pay for. Turns out, for small guys like me, you can play the Roxy but you have to pay. And I'm not so much into that. Truth be told, I'm thinking my days of paying to play are done, but then, am I being stupid here? Is this the kind of opportunity you take just because it's there? I once heard it said, opportunity is not a reason. Just 'cause you can do something doesn't mean you have to or you should.

You know what I'd like to accomplish? Can we bring 200 people to the concert in Laguna Niguel? Can we pack that church and have a rocking good time there and then I'll give Al Beauman a call and tell him that I think we can do the Roxy. Cause I'm not trying to do this alone. It's time for you guys to say yea or nay. Just so we're clear, silence is nay.

Talked to Cowan today. He's back in LA from his Christmas travels. I told him not to ever visit me up here, cause he'll want to stay. This place is addicting. Fortunately it rains as a way of naturally selecting those who are worthy to remain.

Today, especially, I feel great! Borderline stupendous! It's widely known that God loves me--the more secret truth is that He likes me too. Love y'all. Have a great evening. I'm going to read for an hour before bed.
















Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender


3 comments: