12.01.2009

286--Surprise!

How in the world did it get to be December? How did it get to be 2009?

Earlier in the day, a concerned friend worried that along my travels I'll forget the importance of Sabbath. I'm too tired to forget a command about resting.

Julia and I had a tasty Salmon dinner. Then we walked back to her apartment to pick up my present, which I guess she forgot to bring to the restaurant.

She was telling me this great story in the hallway while she fumbled with her keys, but she did finally get the door open and we walked into a room filled with people I love, who seemed very shocked to see us. That must be why they all yelled.... Surprise!

Joke's on them. It's not even my birthday.

They know that. They just wanted to make me feel loved before I set off on the next leg of this journey, the part that takes me away from Angel-town, the part where I might not see them again for a little while.

Told Ryan last week, "I plan to live forever and I fully expect to see you soon."

I do love my family. I really do.

Thank you so much, guys...

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment