12.18.2009

270--Too sleepy to think


Wow! what a trip.

back and forth three times from LA to Sheridan, and now a chance to rest and catch my breath before we get down to it. Not much time, really. I start working 7am Monday at Oregon Wine Services, the company I worked for until I left for LA 4 years ago. Good to be back home, in so many ways.

Tired. Glad it's Sabbath.

I'll be back to reading a chapter a day starting Monday.

Have a great weekend.

O, wait, I gotta tell you this one other thing. So I wrote a song in the car on the trip OR to CA Wednesday night, and then another one on the trip CA to OR Thursday night. That's two new songs in 3 days. Nice! But the cool thing is that one of them has this blues feel and I wanted to get a specific guitarist to play it with me, a guy named Jake Blair. He's a phenomenal blues guitarist whom I've not seen in at least the 4 years since I've been gone.

So I go to Mac to confirm my job situation for next week and after that's all taken care of, I go to the grocery store to stock some food for the apartment. I'm looking for olive oil, cause I'm making the tomato soup. As I come around the corner into the aisle I look up at, you guessed it, Jake Blair. Seriously? Two nights ago on the way to LA I'm writing a song and thinking he's the right guy for this and two days later I run into him in a grocery story after not seeing him for years? Ever feel like you're being set up to win?

Well, it's sleepytime, and I'm behind a week on sleep.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

2 comments:

  1. You've been set up to win since you gave your life up for The Cause. Hope it was a good nite's sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced it not a few times, welcome to the JAM club! Sleep well now...

    ReplyDelete