12.27.2009

261--Monday Eve


Ok, so things are finally organized enough in my space that I can turn focus to music. All told, a quick and smooth transition. Within two weeks, I'm relocated, employed and properly domiciled.

Tomorrow evening, working with Isaac to begin crafting musical sequences for the February concert in Laguna Niguel. Wednesday evening with Dawn to catch up and talk about our film project. Thursday with Jim, my worship leader, to talk about how my exploration of worship and my dwelling in this community come together at this time. What can I bring here? What is here already that will shape me differently?

I promised Cecilia I'd record "What A Friend" this week, guitar and vocal. I'll schedule that for daytime on Thursday. I also have to get back to Scott with some notes for vocal arrangements on Days Of Rain. I've been trading messages with Cowan, but no real-time conversation in a couple weeks.

While Richard was preaching this morning, my mind kept going to Joshua 1. I spent a lot of time there in early 2008, and I camped often at verse 9: Haven't I told you? Be strong! Be courageous. The Lord will be with you wherever you go.

This morning, though, I couldn't make it to 9, cause I kept stopping at 6: Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.

Am I supposed to lead someone somewhere?

Lead who where? What people? What land? What were they promised? Is this for me? Do I take myself too seriously? That verse is in there for whoever reads it. Or is it in there for whomever it reads?



















Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

1 comment:

  1. Joshua and Caleb were the only two left out of the entire older generation; he was leading a similar number of the new generation to claim the new land.

    I am sure music had a place in this new beginning just like the Song of Moses sung in Exodus 15, and it will have a place in the future as shown in Revelation 15.

    ReplyDelete