12.17.2009

271--5:56pm

 
It's my last time sitting in this chair for a while. I'm in the Admin office of Hollywood SDA, exhausted. On Tuesday, we drove through the night to arrive in Sheridan, Oregon, on Wednesday morning, then drove 16 hours back to LA last night to drop off the rental truck. Now my stuff is waiting for me in my apartment 999 miles north of here. 

There's no way I could have done this without General's help. For a few moments yesterday, he met some of the Open Door Community. Today I got a call from one of them saying she thinks her husband knows him from New York. I mean, how many big black guys named General do you meet in a lifetime? So yeah, we're gonna grab tea with them and see if we're talking about the same guy. 

I love my new apartment. I love having an apartment, period. 

It was good to be in the country and see my family from there. 
To my family here in LA, I'll be back real soon. Not to live, mind you, cause I am a country-boy and some things just get stronger with age. But I'll definitely see some of you in February. So do stay in touch, and remember, like Amanda says, it's not just me that can come visit you. You can come on up to the trees sometime also. 

I will miss you, but really, I won't. You're in my heart, and I keep that with me. Allows me to take things personally. After all, it is my life--I take it personally, and you are with me wherever the Lord sends. 

Thanks for everything. Thank you so much. 

Scott, right down to the last minute you come through for me. Penny is going to really appreciate those oranges. Cecilia, you're doing a fabulous job. Is that a new desk in the office? Didn't realize there was a top on that thing. I thought it was just made of papers and miscellaneous junk. 

General, I'm gonna need some caffeine on this one. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you flying back to Sheridan? Hope you settle down in your new apartment, and read the Bible to us soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete