3.12.2010

188--Still Raining


Muchas Gracias. Veggie Burrito. Hello and how are ya!

Dinner last evening with Sarnowski at Muchas Gracias. Just getting to know this man after promising each other for years that we'd find the time. Now this can happen because I dwell here. Four words that God has been speaking to me about this time and place are DWELL, ESTABLISH, STRENGTHEN, PREPARE.

I also finally had that beer Nick and I promised each other about 5 years ago. Great guy. Community Organizer. I don't think he'd use that terminology, but it's who he is. His heart tells great passion for bringing connection and building relationship in this community. We each had a home-made brew by Ryan Williams, one of the newest in my Ryan Collection. Ryan's planning to take the course at UC Davis for brewmasters. I think he'll do super well...it was a tasty beer. Great way to go out--I've decided to put alcohol away. I bear it a grudge, and boycott in protest.

I've seen too many people I dearly love, incapacitated and numbed past effectiveness or beyond good sense, for the shelter and security alcohol promised them. Unfortunately I've never been able to have a glass with them, because I have a glass and they finish the bottle(s).

I got to thinking about the words I've been hearing, especially STRENGTHEN and PREPARE.

Just watched some of the Olympics a couple weeks ago. I thought it funny that fast food commercials were claiming to supply the diet of choice for world-class athletes. I wonder if that's what they really eat as they PREPARE for competition?

If I am in fact preparing to be at my best level of performance, I think I would put into my machine nothing that slows it down. Is it a sin to put regular gas in your tank? I don't think so. Can I run the race before me with slow-down in my veins? Probably. Can I win? I don't think so.

Sugar has been a tough one to put away. Never noticed it until I made the decision. Soon as I said, I'm cutting sugar out, it started to creep into everything! There's sugar in every freaking thing! Did you know that?

Sarnowski and I were talking about how it feels hypocritical to give people sugar or alcohol now that we've made decisions in our own lives to put higher octane fuel in the machine.

I'm not trying to survive. I want to live. To "not die" is simply not enough.

Blah, blah, blah, try the Veggie Burrito at Muchas Gracias. I can rock this.

Yeah, the sleep last night, not so much. Truth, thanks for the text. Right on time, as usual.

It's still raining. I love Oregon, Beautiful...
Stay dry, Strender. Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment