3.28.2010

173--studio prep


Waaay past my bedtime. Up late in the sanctuary running over a couple tunes that we're recording tomorrow at Isaac's studio. I love the stuff Aaron's coming up with for these songs. Aaron Beaumont and JT Spangler put on a great show this evening at Cornerstone Coffee in Mac.

They played San Francisco last night and drove up here today, arriving in time to literally hop out of the car and hop right into their set. I'm loving Aaron's new stuff. Hadn't heard the new tunes before tonight, and also JT's music is a new experience for me. Aaron said I'd like JT--yeah, I do. Dude's voice is like butter. They complement each other so well harmonically and stylistically, and the duet cover of Ray Charles' "Hallelujah I Love Her So" completely rocked.

After the show, Darlene (Aaron's biggest fan) and I took them to Muchas Gracias for a taste of Mac flavor.

Now I'm sitting with Vegas for a minute and I'll be off to bed.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Rest well, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment