3.25.2010

175--Too tired to sleep


Couldn't sleep. I get so tired I can't rest. Funny how that works. Funny how it's a recurring theme in my life. How I am continually given the opportunity to find a balance point in this area. Even so, I feel a greater sense of equilibrium than ever. I have 4 days now to work in a different way with greater flexibility. Still much to accomplish, but on my list of things to do, the word "rest" is generously distributed.

Contrasting the concepts of Balance and Equilibrium in my mind. Balance is a static phenomenon. Equilibrium is balance in motion. When I walk, although at a certain point of stride my weight isn't distributed evenly, variables of momentum and intent still maintain equilibrium so that I am balanced in motion.

I've been up since 3:45. Right now just sitting on the sofa with Vegas. Just finished reading Psalm 37 another time. Do not fret yourself because of the wicked. Ok, I won't.

It's been a great week. Last night at rehearsal, I played electric guitar. And...I loved it. Not ready to play it at a show yet, but soon. I'll always be an acoustic heart. My life is built from indigenous woods. But this picture of amplification and power surges, it fits this time.

We're playing Benny Huie's Friday night. Kevin's first time playing at a bar. My first time playing a bar with a band. Last time I played a bar, it was just me and my guitar. Speaking of which, it's still at the shop. I'll call Chuck after 9 and see what's the situation. Even though I could play Isaac's guitar, there's just none like your own. There's a connection between me and that piece of wood.

Vegas is dreaming. He's running in his sleep. Gets me a sort-of foot massage. Almost 7. First call of the day in 7 minutes.

Ahhh, today is a doing day. Much to be done, but some flexibility in the timing of everything. I'll have to fit in a nap. I think I'm actually becoming rested enough to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear Psalm 37 on your podcast, thanks......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting sleeeeeepy, sleeeeeepy. :) Glad you're taking care of you.

    ReplyDelete