9.16.2009

362--Another Shot

Adam teaches PE at a local school. Today I joined his class for a Tabata workout from 2pm to 2:24.  Crazy intense workout. I made it to 2:13. 

When my vision started whiting out I figured it was a good stopping point. I could not pick my head up off the table. Meanwhile the rest of the class just carried on without me. This is not good for male ego. 

Earlier this morning I posted on Facebook: I want another shot at that...

That post was several hours before the workout, but it's seems like a theme for today. 

Dana asked me what the post was about. 
"Another shot at what?" 
I said, "whatever I missed." 
She said, "that could take a while." 
I said, "yeah"

Ever want a do-over? I would love a do-over on a few things. Sometimes you think, I could do that better. I can do that with more style. Well, what's stopping you?

I've been trying to capture a sound that I hear in my head and I've not been able to get it out and hear it in the "real"world. Not for lack of trying.  Not for lack of failing. 

We're getting close now. I can feel it. I've been saying that for years. I know my wife got tired of hearing me say it would happen any minute now. Any minute now I'm going to create a masterpiece of art that the whole world will love and they'll all buy two each, one for them and one for a friend.  

I keep thinking of Thomas Edison working toward success with that light bulb. Failure after failure, still he tries again. What is that? Is that passion? Obsession? What drives a person to keep on taking another shot? How many times am I willing to fail, for a taste of success? Are we still talking about music?

There's a tattoo on my right shoulder, a quarter note. I got it over 10 years ago, the day I promised myself I'd follow the music wherever it goes. Suzanne made me get it, actually. Her idea. See how she corrupted me? 

Just released a single two weeks ago. We're getting closer. It's starting to sound like I hear in my head. It's simple and bluesy and kind of dusty, like walking home across the desert. 

Sooner or later, I might upset you. Sooner or later, I might let you down. But I'm going to keep trying. I don't know why. 

Tomorrow, at 2pm, I am going to that Tabata class and I am going to...
well, I'm gonna try not to pass out. 

Don't worry--there's still Friday. I'll get another shot at it. 


Good night, Beautiful...
Good night, Strender.

No comments:

Post a Comment