9.27.2009

351---The Bear


The Bear

Once upon a time, a brave knight set upon a quest to win the heart of his true love. He climbed aboard the valiant green steed Mercury Villager and rode from the fair kingdom of Sheridan toward the faraway southern desert

Long, lonely nights, hot tiring days he pursued his quarry, never once forgetting his promise to lady Marie: “I will bring you a bear, a most fearsome and elusive creature, the likes of which no legend can tell.”

Be at peace, dear lady. I am that bear. 

He did not best me by force of strength

Not by weight of wisdom or will

Not by wit am I persuaded 

He used a weapon so cunning, I was powerless to resist. On his back he carries a guitar, in appearance similar to any other. 

The knight, it seems, once carried a broken heart.

As he wandered the desert of Los Angeles, he came upon a wise one who told him of the deep magic. “If you would heal your heart, it must be given to someone who needs it more than you.” 

“But I love only one,” he said. “How can I give my heart to anyone else?” 

Here the knight’s cunning is best revealed. He took his heart, still beating, from his chest and placed it inside his guitar.

“For,” said he, “a love so big must needs be shared with everyone. And since I cannot give it to the one I love, it will be my gift to all the world.” 

 I bring you tidings of the dark knight. He travels the world, spreading love and peace to all, wielding his guitar with skill and grace and fierce determination. 

Peace be with you, dear lady of the Ronde.


Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender.

1 comment:

  1. "Once upon a time, a brave knight set upon a quest to win the heart of his true love. He climbed aboard the valiant green steed Mercury Villager and rode from the fair kingdom of Sheridan toward the faraway southern desert"

    LOL

    But on a deeper level, what does this really mean to you Len? “If you would heal your heart, it must be given to someone who needs it more than you.” I read this and think about all the people God has brought into my life. I don't believe He wants me to share my heart with just one, but with all of them. The most beautiful thing about this is that I have NEVER run out of love! NEVER! Whenever I get tired or worn down, especially when I think I have nothing left to give, I need only cry out to God for more and it's there ready to be dished out to those in need. Love is the ultimate Energizer Bunny, it never runs out.

    But what if my heart is broken? What then? Is there love there? What does it look like? Is it still plentiful? Beautiful? How would you describe it Len? What does it feel like to love someone with a broken heart? Do you know? Can you express it to someone else? What are they to do? What if there is no one there to help them but you? What will you say, "Sorry, my heart is broken too."?

    I love you with every piece of my broken heart because that's all I've got. That's what God has given me to work with and he's put me to work.

    ReplyDelete