9.24.2009

354---Harbor


"I Kissed Dating Goodbye." Author Joshua Harris. Chapter 1. 
Reading it with a friend. We're supposed to finish the first two chapters and then talk about it tomorrow. 

My mom said yesterday, "It seems like you want to hide yourself away." 
I responded, "yes, I do."

I've often quoted, a ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for. At this stage, harbor sounds just fine to me. 

Matthew 6:33 has been ringing in my spirit lately. Seek God's Kingdom first. Before you do anything else, try to find God's Kingdom. This intrigues me. What does it mean?

According to Jazmin Miller, it means complete submission to God to be used solely for His purposes. She tells an amazing story of the inspiration for her one-woman show, "The Journey of Truth." 

This intelligent, articulate beauty says God told her not to pursue a career in the modeling industry, a command to which she submitted, a submission that was tested within 24 hours by an invitation from one of the casting directors of America's Next Top Model. 

I've been hearing a version of the gospel that says, seek the Kingdom, and God will give you what you want. Let me get this straight, Jazzy, are you saying instead, "seek the Kingdom, and God will give you what He wants?" 

When you have the opportunity, go see Ms. Miller in her portrayal of Sojourner Truth.  



Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...That's, that's pretty big dude.
    -Pilgrim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might like this song. "Harbor" by Vienna Teng. It's worked for me as words from God.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLd0RrRkFbY

    We're here where the daylight begins
    The fog on the streetlight slowly thins
    Water on water's the way
    The safety of shoreline fading away

    Sail your sea
    Meet your storm
    All I want is to be your Harbor
    The light in Me
    Will guide you home
    All I want is to be your Harbor

    Fear is the brightest of signs
    The shape of the boundary you leave behind
    So sing all your questions to sleep
    The answers are out there in the drowning deep

    You've got a journey to make
    There's your horizon to chase
    So go far beyond where we stand
    No matter the distance
    I'm holding your hand

    ReplyDelete
  3. It think it is absolutely correct to think that if you seek the Kingdom of God, He will give you what He wants, because if you really love Him, that is what you will want.

    ReplyDelete