6.13.2010

93--I am a fan!



What a magnificent day! There's no media by which I can convey to you how beautiful it was here in Sheridan today. Blue, blue, blue skies, lots of clouds, everthing green that should be green, just the right, bright temperature--warm in the sun, cool in the shade.

The thing is, I love rainy days as much as sunny days so I'm never disappointed with the weather around here. Today I picnic-lunched in a graveyard with another who loves the rain. Rapidly becoming one of my favorite artists, Levi Finley sees and creates across several media. Every time I think I know what he does, I find out he does more. I gave away one of his carved wood boxes at a recent concert in SoCal. Today I asked him to design the artwork for my upcoming single release, "In The City," end of July.

I'll keep you posted on Levi's work. I get the feeling we'll have more conversation and collaboration and I am certainly a fan of his art so I'll be following.

After lunch I spent a couple hours with another artist of whom I am a fan. Meet John Harr:




It's after 10, and I'm still making tomorrow's lunch. I had a brainstorm about putting together several tours next year by following the train route and basically just playing where the train takes me. I like this idea. More on this to come. Kharla, we kinda talked about something like this once, me riding the train to your town to do a concert.

I gotta tend to my cooking, so I'll bid you goodnight. Here's a little video from this afternoon. I wanted you guys to meet John and hear him play.




...

wow! couldn't get the video to load the way I usually do it, so I had to figure another method and it took way longer than usual. Now it's 11:42 and I'm going to bed.

Love you guys,

goodnight, Beautiful
goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment