6.05.2010

101--Music Strategies, Day 2


Sarine came out to the concert last night. You should have seen her. She was in there meeting and connecting with several of the musicians and getting her music out there too. I'm so proud of her. We have workshops all day long and then at the end of the day, there's a concert. With about 100 attendees at the workshop, we all put our names in a hat and then perform in randomly selected order, one song each for solo artists, two songs for bands.

In My Opinion was great last night, although the sound system wasn't quite adequate to their volume level. It still translated. Jokers and Jacks also did a great job. I remember just sitting back and thinking, our little Sheridan-Willamina-Mcminnville crew is pretty awesome.

We're planning an acoustic tour together. In My Opinion is a full-band, melt-your-face rock situation. But Isaac's acoustic stuff with just him on guitar or piano, that's a perfect fit for this acoustic idea. Three acoustic acts in combination hitting the road together. I'd play bass for some of their stuff, they'd chime in bass and percussion for some of mine. I love that of all the places I could call home, Sheridan is the place my heart landed. I do love that.

Ok, Lenny, start your engine. Day two begins in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment