2.06.2010

220--Mayor's Ball


It's 12:32 in the morning and I'm just getting home from the Mcminnville Mayor's Ball. Such a good time. I was there as a guest of Kristi's, to whom congratulations are due for her promotion to branch manager, US Bank, Corvallis, Oregon.

I met some amazing people this evening, including the Mayor.

Now I'm printing song charts for the worship team for tomorrow's music. Actually, it's almost one in the morning, so I should say today's music. We're going to invite the community to focus on Holiness during this worship time. God's holiness and the holiness he inspires, creates, imparts and bestows on us.

On the way home from the Mayor's Ball, stopped by Leroy Critcher's studio and met him, finally. He was playing live music with Grady O'Kenzie on upright bass. They graced us with an incredible performance of a Sonny Rollins tune, and I knew from the first phrase that I'd like to be taught by this guy. Cards and numbers exchanged, I'll be in touch with Leroy early this week to schedule a lesson. He also offered that I could play at his shop some Saturday night to open for his duo. What an honor that would be!

I love to dance. And dance we did, this evening at the Mayor's Ball.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment