2.15.2010

211--Hit the ground


5:26am I got on the treadmill. Set it to 4mph, and read Psalm 144 and a couple verses from 2 Corinthians. That took 4-and-a-half minutes. Then 8 minutes at 7mph. At the exact close of the 12th minute, off the mill and to the next station where I did 50 sit-up. Then a couple stretches and 10 ab-curls.

About to hop in the shower before breakfast. This week must be productive, so I'm in that zone. Very much enjoyed a day of productive rest yesterday. It's tricky for me to not keep my mind engaged while I rest, to not use that time thinking of all the things it will allow me to do more effectively when I get back to work.

Yesterday did not accomplish deepest levels of rest. Never fully unplugged, but there were moments. As I restore that rhythm my body and mind will remember to let go. When I lived in Hollywood, a day per week was set aside as a "Lennox-isn't-here-and-does-not-exist-even-if-you-think-you-saw-him day. I've let go of that rhythm in the move back home. The result is that even on Sabbath, I'm thinking and moving inside, though outside would appear to be at rest. Those times when I do rest there is still a program on the desktop. I think yesterday might be the first time in a long while that I completely shut off the machine. I can feel the difference.

Coming into the week with fresh focus, let me share the first thing I read today, from Psalm 144, verse 1:
Praise to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge.

Thought begins to take flight and I must follow. Time for breakfast.

Have a great day, Beautiful...
Strender, prepare for battle

No comments:

Post a Comment