2.11.2010

215--Post Rehearsal

Not going to Arizona this weekend after all. We're rescheduling for later in the year. Immediately there's the opportunity to fill this weekend with visits and encounters here in Oregon. But I think I'm really going to just rest and rehearse this weekend. I have a couple dinners and conversations already committed. Nothing new. Just going to read and relax and take naps in between singing and playing my guitar, which, after an entire 2-hour rehearsal, did not run out of tune. Thank you, Ken Cartwright.

Another good rehearsal with the guys tonight. That's our third rehearsal for the concert in CA next week. We feel like we need at least another. I mean, it's gonna be great when we've been playing together for months and we've tightened up our turns and made more mid-song appointments with each other, but for the concert next week, we gotta at least put in one more session.

I love these guys' musicianship. They're so full of surprises. We're working on Calling It Joy this evening, and Anthony sort of mind-wanders for a few seconds and then comes back with this straight-up authentic caribbean beat.

I was like, "how does an italian boy from an Oregon smalltown have that in him?"
He's like, "O yeah, one time when I was in high school I heard this Brazilian percussion group... so right now I just thought, what would they play?"

The thing that Kevin and Anthony do on State of Compromise is so right, me and Isaac should just walk off stage and get something to drink while they're playing, cause it doesn't need anything else.

Darlene's doing a photo shoot with the band pretty soon.

In the meantime, quick one-shot while chatting after rehearsal, here's Isaac. He's my friend. He plays a mean guitar. You should come meet him at our concert in Laguna Niguel on the 20th. Then he'll be your friend too, if you ask nicely.






























Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

1 comment: