2.21.2010

207--Hypocrisy


I loved hanging out in LA with my Sheridanite Posse. Home is portable if you bring the right people. And I have much heart-home-love in LA also.

I think my favorite thing was seeing the different groups of my friends come together and realize how much they like each other. Then I get to watch what happens when an Anthony and an Isaac sit with a Brian and a Brianne and a Zoe and Dulce. That was fun. Here's Brian's post about that: http://mueslimorsels.blogspot.com/2010/02/forecast.html

Topher picked me up at PDX when I got back this morning. You know, an airport ride is a great way to spend a little quality time one on one with someone. I'm very much looking forward to hiking with Sean next month, but in the meantime, the 30 minutes in the car on the way to LAX at 6:00 this morning, that was a nice upgrade from emails and text messages.

Haven't seen Topher's ideas yet for the website upgrades. Looking forward to that. He's excited about the project. I'm excited about having his talent and skill on board.

Cut my sugar intake significantly last couple weeks as the concert approached. I think that's just going to remain in place as a nutritional protocol.

I love ice cream. Tillamook Oregon Strawberry. Every couple weeks there's gonna have to be an ice-cream get-down, but I'm cutting out candies and sugared pastries and such "treats" in between. I hadn't noticed how much of what I eat is sugar-laden, and so far, I'm just talking about main culprits. There's also incognito sugar, ninja fructose all over the place.

Thursday before last, I had to pick something up from Isaac at work. So I took in the candy I had bought a couple days earlier for my co-workers. Skittles and Mike & Ike's and Snickers. As I set this tupperware full of sugar on the filing cabinet and walked away, I wondered, "Is this hypocrisy? Why am I leaving them something I wouldn't eat myself?"

Or how about wine? I boycotted alcohol recently because of the way someone I love is depending on it for comfort. Do I think it's wrong to drink alcohol? No, I don't. I have favorite wines and favorite beers and favorite bars. I'm also aware that I'm not operating at sharpest capacity when I've imbibed.

I'm in a high-performance phase of life and ministry right now, and can't afford even moments of less-than-all-I've-got-to-give ability. I'm pressing for a level of real that requires presence of mind and body and spirit at all times.

Like I said, I'm protesting the counterfeit comfort several of my most special humans have substituted for real. So is it hyprocrisy for me to give wine to other people? I mean, because I'm not eating sugar, does that mean I should not have a candy dish on the counter for my guests?

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment