8.13.2010

34--Mine


Friday the 13th! Can't say I had any but a super great day. Melissa let me come in and work 4 hours this morning to make up for the short days this week, so 6am to 10--bam! Then I came home and charted music for the Fundraiser. My eyes were swimming by early afternoon. Don't remember falling asleep at the job, but woke up to music not charting itself.

Had a work-session/meeting with Topher, my web-guy. Love the site he's building me, going live a month from tomorrow. The it was back to charting music, off at 7 and just now home from a 3-hour rehearsal with Kevin and the Humlies. Cool band name, would be. But those are their names, really. Kevin Nichols, my bass player and a family band of Joshua, Bethany and Emmanuel Humlie. I'm exhausted, but what a great way to get even more tired. These guys are brilliant musicians. It's gonna be good on the 27th!

I noticed that I refer to Kevin Nichols as "my" bass player. I was thinking how the word "my" can be deployed with possessive connotation, but it can also mean the one to whom I belong. Take for example, "my" Master, or "my" King.

I guess I'm saying Kevin is the bass player to whom I belong. Bethany's pretty fierce too, on the bass. She was vocals tonight, except for one song. We're encouraging her to break out her cello for one of the tunes.

I'm preaching Sunday so I'm listening and gathering thoughts for that. Truth just recorded a new song and I'm hoping I'll hear a bass line for that. The trick to hearing is that you gotta listen. So there's that, and then I also want to spend some time with Meredith this weekend. Plus Topher and I have one more web-dev session planned for Sunday.

All this considered, I'm gonna need some sleep. Time to finish this yogurt and put the lights out.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment