8.15.2010

32--Buckets



After my unplanned sermon today, John renewed a standing invitation to tea and Clayton invited me to blueberry picking.

"Right now?"
"Yeah, right now!"

Ok, if you've never picked blueberries, there are some things you'll need to know. Muscles. You're gonna need them. This activity is not for the faint-hearted or weak-armed. You will need the musculature of a greek god to execute the delicate roll between thumb and finger that loosens the berry.



A good pair of shades is almost as important as the security of good company. Topics of conversation ranged from water systems and video production to marriage and life-design. Jeroboam made it into the conversation, yes he did. Random is good.









This next part is what I think trips most people up. Once you have loosened the berry from it's perch, it goes in your mouth. Sadly, most pickers are mis-informed and will instead collect the berries in bags or buckets.

I don't know that you can taste a difference between Liberty berries and Aurora, but both types are out here. We gathered Aurora's.










As it worked out, we did occasionally put some of the berries into containers. Nobody's perfect.

Here are the spoils of the day. I arrived at home with berries for my freezer and finally sat down long enough to hear this message from Clayton, left on my voicemail last night:

"Hey buddy, I'm around this weekend Sunday and Monday, so call me up, let's do something...random is good"



Yeah, bro, it is.





1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! This reminds me I have to replenish my blueberries for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete