11.03.2009

314--What are we waiting for?



In the car on the way back, Scott asked what seemed most useful from the lecture. I said "I don't know."

Attended a lecture this morning at Fuller seminary, featuring theologian Nicholas Wolterstorff and artist-scholar Marcia McFee. A theologian interested in art and an artist interested in theology--I win both ways.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I know it affected me profoundly. But I cannot articulate what it is that I learned. I suspect I'll recognize traces of it in moments of epiphany yet to come.

Spent the rest of the day designing worship flow for this Sabbath. Ryan's playing guitar and singing with us this week.

Now I'm sitting on Sean's couch, listening to the shouts of the soccer players in the nearby field, debating whether or not to put on a movie. I'll probably just fall asleep. Maybe I'll enjoy the first 14 minutes before I do.

We have a place for me to stay in December, but no place for Vegas yet. I asked God about that and was told to wait. I trust that He is providing everything that we'll need, but it's tough to not make phone calls when that's the way I know how to get things done. I can make a call and a request and use my ability as a communicator and networker. Why is He telling me to wait? There's not much time left.

Preparing for the transition, I'm being told to not rely on the old ways, or the familiar paths, but to bring my concerns to Him and wait while He provides.

Zechariah 4:6 is constantly on my mind these days. I think it's being brought to me for more than provision at this time. Also for protection. And possession. I think I know what that means, but I'm not sure it's for sharing.

Hope you had a great day. See you tomorrow. I enjoy praying for you and your concerns. I'm not just saying that politely. It's one of my greatest honors, just so you know.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment