11.09.2009

308--Stunning!


Uploaded artwork for "Smoke & Alcohol" to Reverbnation for digital distribution. I'll let you guys know when the single goes live on Itunes. Thanks for the photoshop lesson, Leslie.

Arrived at the DMV just before two. The line spilled out the door, around the side of the building, then on down the sidewalk! Fortunately, I was prepared. Good reading in my shoulder bag. I keep my bible in there no matter what, every day. Today I also had the book Susan lent me, "Too soon Old, Too late Smart." Between paragraphs, I chatted with the guy in front of me in line, guitarist Josh Robinson, just off tour from the UK with his band The Rainman Suite.

Later in the day, excellent dinner at Thai Palms. I tried the Green curry..."mild, please." I'm a spice-wuss.

What do you say to someone beautiful when she feels invisible? I find it scary. If I tell her she's beautiful will she think I want to start something with her? Can I tell her that and mean it sincerely in the context of friendship? Can I bear the honor of appreciating her beauty without intent or attempt to possess it?

I remember my failed attempts to protect without possession. I remember how often compliments are refused because accepting them might imply further expectation. Have we become so scared of commitment that we refuse connection? Have we become so scared of abandonment that a compliment is a lie until proven? How many are the beautiful ones who never get told?

Sister, you are beautiful. I'm not only talking to one person, but to several. I have been blessed to know incredibly beautiful women, and I hope you know that's what I think of you. I'm being neither polite nor forward--just telling you what I see. Please dismiss the condemnations or comparisons that sent you into hiding. Let Him dismiss them for you.

You are a stunning creature.















Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender


No comments:

Post a Comment