11.12.2009

305--Caldo


What a beautiful day!

I'm not talkative cause I've had a cold and fever the last 4 days. So I'm just gonna lie here and keep watching tv. I watched the entire first season of Arrested Development. Hulu is amazing!

Irma brought me soup yesterday. She set it on the desk and then she sat down and said "I'm gonna sit here while you finish that."

I love that I have friends who bring soup when I'm sick. And I love that after 20 years of friendship, she knows me well enough to know that the soup could have sat on my desk for 2 hours before I got to it.

I probably wouldn't have told Irma I was feeling ill, except for something Nathan said in his sermon last Sabbath. His third point stressed the importance of receiving love as well as giving it. He said a few things in that 45-minute truth session that got to me.

It really was a beautiful day today. Great weather. I got the things on my list accomplished. I talked with amazing people and got hugs when I asked for them. I bought persimmons, and those are among my favorite fruit. I wonder how my boys are doing? I know Sean's working like crazy on wedding preparations. Haven't talked to Dan in a few days. I should check in.

So yeah, I gotta go make some Theraflu--maybe I can trick my body into sleeping more than 4 hours tonight.













Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

2 comments:

  1. Speedy recovery, brother! Lots of chicken soup, water, and sleep help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I promised my sister if it lasted more than a couple days, I would go see a doctor. So today is day 5 and I'm going in. Just made the call, but he's not in his office yet.

    ReplyDelete