5.28.2010

109--Steen Hunting


6 weeks ago, crawling through the grass, awaiting my quarry.



















I know they're heading this way. I know because I passed them earlier and raced on ahead to this vantage point. I'll have to be quick to get the shot. They'll be in frame for only a second or two. Ok, here they come. Three, two, one, steady...























Didn't get the whole flock that time, but this is the frame I chose. I really wanted those posts and the sign in the shot. I'll try to catch another shot further down the road.























Meet Ryan and Jelena Steen. I only just met them myself. Part of my community here in Oregon, they're off on an adventure, biking across the US with their 6 children in tow.























Their oldest is 11, the youngest, 18months.


















I feel I had too short a time to acquaint with these beautiful people. I was touched by the power of their love for each other. Maybe our paths will cross again someday. I'll think with a smile of Ryan climbing the rafters at the men's retreat. I'm honored that Jelena sketched the cover art for my recently released live CD.
























They're off and rolling. Godspeed, friends...

Ride along on their blog: http://steenbikejourney.blogspot.com/

goodnight, Beautiful...
goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment