4.08.2010

163--on the move

12:13pm
moving today. Right now I'm sitting at Nick's shop, Slow Train. One of the first things I need to accomplish today is scanning a document into my computer. I have not been able to do that yet. Funny how I've come to take technology for granted. It's a simple thing, scanning and emailing a document. Until you're in a place where that's not readily available and you find yourself spending 2 hours to accomplish what takes 5 minutes in a different location with different tools.
12:31pm
back at my place. This would be my old place. My old new place. The one I've lived in for the last almost 4 months. loading the car. Stopped to laugh as the hail came down. I love it that there's hail falling on a bright sunny day. I love it that hail and snow come here to visit, but they don't stay long. Just the way I like it.
1:19pm
yes!!!! got the scanner to work. Nick's suggestion was to download a driver for my laptop and try the office all-in-one machine. Worked like a charm. Thanks, Nick.
Multi-tasking: 40 push-ups and 40 sit-ups while software installs on your laptop.
5:43pm
got most of the stuff moved. All the big stuff. Dugger came and helped. I call him Dugger. Full name Christopher Dugger, but you see what I mean? So not only did he help me trucking boxes to the car, he phoned a friend when it counted. He called his buddy Jason to lend a hand with an especially heavy item, and that's how I met Jason. Thanks fellas. Jonathan from LTG helped with that too.

Speaking of LTG, we met by the fire this morning. I love fire. Just gotta slip that in there.

Darlene made me lunch and dinner (vegetarian and all) so I could work uninterrupted and get closer to my goal of moving everything today so that tomorrow is for cleaning and unpacking and I can look at Sabbath with nothing on the slate but rest. Thanks for the assist, Dar.

No comments:

Post a Comment