4.09.2010

162--red on one

Brown on three sides, red on one. Kelly was there when I signed the papers. Different colors summon different emotions in me. Or does the emotion summon the color? I choose my socks not as randomly as it might appear. I said once to a friend..."you're not random; you're non-linear."

I like my new house. It's brown on three sides--red on one. Slept there last night on the carpet with Vegas next to me. He hardly ever barks, but he did when the train went by. Chased that one off. I get the impression he'll see to it none of them hang around.

Entertained my first guest. Rafael gave me a few hours of his time and we shared tea brewed from lemongrass that I plucked from my mother's garden in Grenada. For the record, way better than the flavor from a lemongrass teabag.

Back at it this morning. Almost done with the move. Stopping now to meet with Jim for an hour. Little musical project we're cooking up. Back to cleaning, 2 more one-on-ones this afternoon and then a movie with the worship team tonight. And of course, unpacking in between.

Last 20 minutes ran errands to get electricity, water, sewer, and internet lined up. Coming out of City Hall I saw my landlord driving by so I flagged him down and handed off some money. How convenient that he was driving by as I was coming out of the building. Now I don't have to track him down. Love the freebies when you get 'em.


No comments:

Post a Comment