7.16.2010

60--...Pullstop

What's wrong with this picture? Other than being upside down because I bent down to take a picture of my ankles? Well, the problem is that there's a black sock on the left AND there's a black sock on the right. Matching socks?!!? I haven't worn matching socks in years! What the heck is going on around here?

Today I tried acting for the first time. It's the final day of filming for PullStop, a full-length independent feature film shot in Portland and McMinnville over the last two weeks. I've thoroughly enjoyed the day so far. Director Dean and Producer Dawn have done a magnificent job assembling a capable and cordial crew. I felt at home instantly.

Really connected with Tom and Jake and Travis and Sean, and...who am I kidding? I liked them all. Leading lady Lacie Mallander was super easy to work with and she's so good at this. Eric, the dude that played George, wow! Great actor. Made me cry.

Here's my disclaimer. My character, Jonah, is a bus driver. Bus drivers wear matching socks. So that wasn't me wearing those--that was Jonah. And with that technicality, the unmatched streak continues, thank you very much.

Now that's done, turning my attention to the vocal loop for this evening's concert. I want to run through it at least a couple times before the gig, so I've got about 2 hours to build a concept.

Dawn, thanks for talking me into that. It was a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment