7.21.2010

55--WHEN you move back

Yester-morning I'd been at work about an hour when Teresa said to me, "...so, next year when you're back in LA, will you get me Johnny Depp's autograph?"

"Sure thing, I'll just call up my buddy John and say hey, I'm back in town and can you sign an 8x10 for my friend?"

"Excuse me, WHEN I move back to LA? Do you know something I don't know?"

"O, yes, I've figured you out Lennox, and you're not staying here. You're going back to LA."

By this time I'm thoroughly enjoying the exchange.

"I was thinking, you're way better than I am at knowing what I'll do next. Can I just call you when I'm confused about things and you can tell me what I'm about to do?"

So we're making arrangements for that to happen. She's setting up a hotline for those situational emergencies and crises of conscience when I am completely lost.

Sometimes peace of mind is as easily accessed as a conversation with a co-worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment