10.22.2009

326---Bedtime


10:08pm. I'm supposed to be asleep in 52 minutes. It's noisy where I am. And a little hot. I made a pact.

I was graced with a phone call from dear friend Deedra this morning. She said, "I can't drive by the purple church without saying hi!" It's a funny thing. It wasn't supposed to be purple. The story, as it was given to me, is that 1-inch square tiles covering the exterior of the building were white when originally affixed in the early 1960's. Exposure to the sun turned the tiles purple and evenutually brick surfaces were painted to match.

I just realized my total contact with guitar today was less than 15 minutes. In music news, working with Mickey to produce Christmas concert at the Purple Church. Ridiculous amounts of talent in this community.

RSVP'd for Melinda's concert this coming Sunday. This is fantastic--I've been getting to hear her play a lot lately. Works for me.

Mickey picked up tickets for us to see Barry Manilow in concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday night. I've been experiencing lots of new (to me) music lately. Thanks for the invite, Mickey.

Immediately I thought of Sandy, 'cause I know she's a huge Manilow fan. Alas, she'll be at a football game on Saturday night. It's ok--I spent a couple hours catching up with her this evening. That was its own treat. Pomegranate-Blueberry tea with grapes, cashews and potato chips.

Received word this morning that I'll have a place to sleep when I arrive at my destination in December. It's good to know. It's also good to not know. I don't know many of the details of the road ahead and it's ok. GI Joe says knowing is half the battle. Well, not knowing is the other half. Thank you to those who are participating with God in providing space for me to lay my head.

I gotta follow up on Zoe's suggestion to look into substitute teaching.

Now it's 10:27. I had a great conversation with Adam this afternoon. We're both the types who work too much and sleep too little. We talked about the commonality of our morning rhythms of prayer and reading. We also have in common a disrespect for bedtimes. So our parting handshake formed cornerstone to a pact: Tonight's bedtime is 11pm. I intend an affirmative report to my brother come tomorrow morning.

Be well, my friends.














Pick A Chapter--Psalm 91 (Wanee Jeerapeet)

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

1 comment:

  1. "We also have in common a disrespect for bedtimes."

    I hate going to bed! I hate, even more, getting up in the morning!

    I love going to bed because I get to read my Bible when I do. I love waking up in the morning because I get to read my Bible when I do.

    Desires war within!

    ReplyDelete