10.28.2009

320---Hush


Amazing conversations today. Reminded me of the importance of rest and focus. Reminded me what a precious resource is time. In this we are all wealthy, we have the same number of minutes each day, to use as we decide. How do you use your time? Ever spend 60 minutes and not know where it went? I wouldn't spend sixty bucks that way, yet I waste hours without a second's thought. What's my time worth? What is it worth to me?

I got great value for the 3 hours I spent with Brian and Brianne tonight. Listened to "Hush", a collaboration of Bobby McFerrin and YoYo Ma. The sheer, childish joy of it. Brian, generous as he is, gave me the cd (he happened to have an extra, unopened copy). Then we listened to Bela Fleck doing Christmas tunes. I had first encounters with The Ting Tings, The Prototypes, The Postal Service, Phish, Morcheeba, and a few others. At one point we played along to a Britney Spears song, me on Banjo and Brian on Washtub Bass.

I told Sandy she could assign me songs to cover. I've never done this, so I might suck at it, but you gotta die of something, right? So she assigned me three tunes and I'm gonna see what I can do with them. Made the mistake of telling Brian and Brianne about that challenge. So then they got a little Ipod-happy picking tunes for me to cover.

What am I getting into? Could be fun...












Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment