7.30.2010

46--3000 Bosses


I love my bosses! Can you say that? I do. I've been blessed that way. Always had great bosses.

I was in Los Angeles, gone from Oregon for 4 years. When I returned to Oregon on December 18, 2009, my bosses were so amazingly gracious as to offer my old job on December 21!

Trust me, I know how precious it is to have such wonderful employers that I can go to work within 3 days in this economic climate where some folks have been job-hunting 18 months without success.

I made a commitment to my bosses that I would stay with the company for one year, the duration of 2010. This is the year of transition. I came back to Sheridan to build a life with the people I call home.

On September 14, we launch a project called "3000 Bosses."

Every concert, every recording, every video posted online, every conversation over tea, every chance encounter at the grocery store, is an interview, a job interview. I am applying to become your personal musician for a year.

You see, I think of each listener in my audience as my boss. I work for you. I think and study music for you. I develop skills and practice scales for you. Skills and Scales. But more importantly, I tell your Stories. I represent your issues, I retell your pain and victory, your hope and triumph. On my better days, I entertain and inform, and maybe sometimes, amuse you.

I'm hoping that you will choose to hire me as your personal artist for a year, at the cost of $1 a month. The new website will feature a password-protected "members" section. For $12 a year, here's what my 3000 bosses will get.

1. Members are entitled to 4 free digital song downloads, any songs you choose, within the duration of your one-year membership.

2. Access to the 2011 Covers project in which I have committed to post videos of me covering 4 songs per year of tunes assigned by my fans. Selected fans will be given the opportunity to assign me a song, any song they choose (limit the profanity out, please), and I have to cover it and post the video online to the "members" section of the site.

3. Members aka Bosses receive a 20% discount on LennoxMusic event admissions and merchandise.

4. My new blog, www.3000bosses.blogspot.com goes live on September 14, my 40th birthday. I'll document in writing, photography and video, the stories that emerge from the journey of the ensuing year. I look forward to the stories.
I'm already so engrossed in the story of Jonah, a 2-year old boy dying of a rare genetic disorder. I'm enthralled with the story of a mom who took on this fight for life with such passion as to mobilize large communities across America. As I interact with more and more of you, as your stories intertwine with my own, the journal of these conversations will be accessible to my 3000 bosses.

5. Concert footage from various touring locations, photography and video.

I'm open to more ideas of services I can offer you in trade for your investment in this art. Keep in mind it needs to be something I can do once and post for all 3000 of you at a time.

Stay tuned; the new site goes live in 46 days!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lennox-
    It was a blessing to meet you yesterday at your office at Nicks! Isn't it a great place! And I love you idea and KNOW that you ARE BLESSED and it will be a blessing for your 3000 bosses daily as you share your light and love! I also have heard that we all have at least 6000 angels that accompany us throughout our journey... enjoy their support too!
    Peace, Love and Abundant Blessings- Angel B

    ReplyDelete