2.14.2010

212--Happy Daytona 500


Sitting in my favorite rocking chair, watching the race with General and Vegas.

Concert checklist:
tshirts--check
cd's (My Father's House)--check
cd's (Live with Sturtevant)--in progress, Isaac's on it, 100 copies, living-room recordings
programs--Kharla's working on it. Thinking about when to do the funky-sock contest.
business cards--Topher's working on it
ride to PDX--Darlene, I gotta get her flight times
ride from LAX to Purple Church---Ryan, I gotta email him flight times
ride to LAX a week from today for flight back home--Sean, gotta email him flight times


Ate past full, Popeye's chicken. This is the second race I've watched. Starting to get it a little. Beginning to recognize names. Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon...

Ok, yeah, I only recognize a couple names, but that's better than a year ago. It's a bummer that the race is on hold because of the track repair situation, but for me it's perfect. While things are on hold, the commentary is allowing me to learn more about the drivers and become more sympathetic to their stories. End of the day, if I can ride along with the story, I'll take to the track.

Wow!!! last week after church I asked Jelena to draw me something I could use as the artwork for the song Seize The Moments. She had it to me by Thursday and it is amazing. We're using it as the cover for a new cd of home-made recordings from Isaac's living room. Isaac is amazing with cd design, great visual instincts.






No comments:

Post a Comment