2.22.2010

206--He Leadeth Me


Even when I wasn't following, He was leading. Looking back I realize that so many of the fortuitous, coincidental, serendipitous, can-you-believe-that-just-happened moments were arranged by Him. Now I see that clearly, but at the time I thought I was in charge. What if my life is not under my control? What if coincidence is His way of remaining anonymous?

Here's something I find interesting. I went to LA this weekend, to Hollywood, to Pasadena, to Yorba Linda, to Laguna Niguel. Great places to visit, populated by people whose hearts are joined to my own. Here are my favorite shots from that trip to the city:


And


Both shots taken in the company and conversation of Kharla Rendon, one of my dearly beloved friends. We were walking by the Ocean in Laguna Niguel. This beauty that God has wrought, my camera loves this because my eyes love this because my heart loves this.

I think a man's heart needs daily dosage of beauty, and without a beauty of my own to look upon daily, I am tempted to look upon a beauty not my own.

Enter Nature, the blue of sky and roar of ocean, the wild salted air and windblown landscape, in this beauty I am refreshed and my heart is nourished. This is a beauty we share. This belongs to all of us. I feast my eyes without dishonor.

I'm thinking out loud here, so bear with me. I realize that the power and beauty of art and music are also public domain and therein the security to indulge my senses at no disrespect to the relationships and commitments I have formed.

I started this blog with one thought in mind and ended up here. Topher should be here any minute. I'll get back to it later.

Kharla, thanks for the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment