11.02.2009

315--Bluesman



Tonight Irma joined the Red Room Community. She visited the studio as Dave and I were editing Seize The Moment. A few other folks stopped by. It was great to meet everyone, Kris, Stephen, Lisa, Nikki, Heather, nice people.

Noticed something interesting tonight. There's a lot of blues in the music that flows through me. I've noticed this before and might have mentioned it once or twice. Even when I'm singing another style of music, the way I phrase words and bend notes is a blues thing.

As we're listening to Smoke and Alcohol, Kris says to me and Nikki, "This is southern; this is blues."

Whence cometh this? I grew up in the Caribbean and then went to Napa Valley, Hawaii, and Oregon.

There's a bluesman inside.
This would explain my love of hats.

Pick A Chapter--Genesis 1

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment