11.19.2009

298--Impractical


I have journeyed impractical paths in pursuit of impossible dreams.
Regarding the leap that is faith, I did not jump; I was pushed.

Last night while listening to a song that refers to God as Jehovah Jireh, my provider, I closed my eyes and leaned into that assurance. Jokingly, and sometimes not, I've referred to Him as Jehovah Sneaky--The God who tricked me into the commitments on which I stand.

Those things God asked, He did not trick me into. He's been upfront about opportunity costs.

Random Tangent: Andrey just said to me, "If you're entering something and you see sign of Dragon, be careful."

Earlier today I chatted with a friend who hadn't until now realized how close my departure approaches. He says I'll be missed.

I said to my friend that I don't miss the people who are in my heart, because any time I need them, I simply look inside. He asked me how I manage this much heart interaction. Honest answer, bro? I don't know how to manage this many people. Maybe the secret is that I don't have to manage people...I simply experience them.

Can I be present in each moment with the person I'm with and neither miss the last nor crave the next interaction?

In the end, we are all connected, and we are all alone.

long, since I wore my own disdain
that weighs me heavy, more than yours
I sketch the beauty and the shame
and break them neatly into fours


Good night, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

No comments:

Post a Comment