5.08.2010

134--Afternoon Drive



Dawn and I were originally going snow-shoeing today. I've never tried that but I hear it's definitely a cardio workout. I'll have to find out another time. One of Dawn's friends who was planning on joining us for that adventure, sustained an injury so we called the trip off, and replaced it with Maui Madness smoothies at Cornerstone Coffee. Just as happy, not nearly the workout, everybody wins. Except for Amber, whose foot is still broken.

I wanted to chase another waterfall today. It's been a month since my last falls quest. Darlene told me about one she and the kids visited a few weeks ago and it sounded simple and easy to get to. You just go out Baker Creek Road until it turns to gravel and go on about a mile after that. Park next to the pile of discharged shotgun shells and empty beer cans and by golly, you've found exactly what you're looking for...

Can I just tell you? I love living in the country!!!! Love it. I can drive to this in 30 minutes. And you should see what I have to drive through to get there. My eyes are fed, thank you.


I wanted to climb to the top of this one. Should be simple. It's only about 50 or 60 feet up. Vegas made it about halfway, then he went back to the base of the falls and looked up at me with compassionate wonder at the silliness of humans.

Leading worship in the morning. If I start another episode of Firefly right now, I bet I'll make it 15 minutes before I fall asleep.

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender



1 comment:

  1. Amazing sceneries!! I will be there to witness it first hand one day...Have a blessed day praising God, Lennox!

    ReplyDelete