1.03.2010

254--Take it to the Lord in prayer


Avatar, great movie. Loved it. Loved watching it with 10 friends. It was Caleb's first time watching a 3D movie. This was a fabulous weekend. Recorded What A Friend and tried to edit the video of me playing three tracks of guitar and bass.

The idea was to cut the footage together and sync up with the audio of the final recording, but I got fatigued trying to figure it out in Imovie, and I should get some sleep because tomorrow it's back to work bright and early. So I'm just going to stick the audio in here as a podcast at the end of this post and send the mp3 to Cecilia, who requested the song.

I went to Kristi's birthday party last night, a very elegant affair. It was a black-and-white party, which means break out your fancy duds. I rocked the black suit I wore to Sean's wedding. Thanks for choosing stuff we could wear again, man. Good looking out.

Tomorrow night I'm going to Mike and Kathy Aplin's to hear Mike's band as they're getting ready for playing some coffeehouse gigs. Talked with Isaac today about partnering up for a couple local shows, starting with one at Slow Train coffeehouse toward the end of the month. Sounds like fun.

I'm gonna go sit by the fire and read myself to sleep. I'm about 65 pages into Piercing The Darkness, by Frank Peretti. Lori at the library recommended it, and I've read the first one in the series so here we go.

I took away a lot from today's worship service service. Mostly the word "Obedience" is ringing in my spirit. That also reminds me, the men's breakfast yesterday was a pretty great experience, meeting new brothers, spending time with other's I've not seen in a long while. It's one of the first things I look for in a new town---who are my brothers? Who are my warriors? Who can I count on to provoke me to excellence? Who's gonna say, "what are you doing about your intentions?"

There are some brotherhoods that span long distances, like Harry Robinson from LA. I know every month or couple months, I'm gonna get a call from Harry saying "hey man, I'm just checking in with you, want to see how things are going."

Those calls are a lift no matter what kind of day I'm having. A great day moves closer to excellent because of a call like that. The thing with brothers in local community is that there's a shorter cycle for accountability and that's crucial in a life where you can't afford downtime or off-time.

I love it that my living space is on the church campus, so I'm literally right in the heart of the community..... again. I mean, I run into people in the hallway as I'm heading down to light the fire. For some reason this reminds me of Martin. I've been meaning to send him a note. I gotta get on that. So many things to do. I'm as busy as ever, and far more productive. The difference is I'm living one life, not 20. Feels good.











Iphone photo by David Cowan

"What A Friend" by request for Cecilia

Y'all have a great week!

Goodnight, Beautiful...
Goodnight, Strender

1 comment:

  1. Love it! This is so wonderful; it helps end my busy day with the right note.. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete